How to Train Your Cat to Come When Called
Cats are animals that are notoriously stubborn, but even the most stubborn cats can be trained. Cats can be trained to recognize their names by learning their motivations and behavior, then do some simple training techniques. After the cat knows its name, he will approach you when get called. In order to make it, you should know about how to train your cat to come when called. How to Train Your Cat to Let You Sleep at Night is a good reference for you in order to know about the other tricks for your cat.
- Choose a name that is easily recognized by cats.
Cats tend to recognize short, pleasant-sounding names. If your cat’s name is “Fluffy Baby Sweety Catto,” just use “Fluffy” for practice. If your cat’s name is “Sir William the King of the Cat World” and cannot be shortened, just use “pussy” to practice. Don’t change the name of the cat after he is used to it. Cats will be confused to any change. Cats will also be confused with their new name. The key is consistency. 6 Common Type of Cat Litter That Every Cat Owner Should Know let you know about the litter box for your cat.
- Start training as early as possible.
Exercise can begin even when the cat is still a child. In fact, young cats tend to learn their names more easily. However, older cats can also be trained, even though it takes longer time than the kittens. How to Make a Homemade Cat Litter Easily you can read that as a reference in order to know about a good homemade cat litter box
- Choose rewards that cats like.
Remember, verbal praise will not be cared for by cats. Instead use a reward that can be enjoyed directly by cats. Foods like tuna or cheese, a spoonful of wet food and canned cat snacks. If there is no food, cats also like to be invited to play laser pointers or caress love behind their ears. Experiment to see what rewards your cat likes the most. Provide a number of cat snacks for preparation of the training process.
- Learn the things that motivate cats.
Dogs are easily trained because they are animals that “want” to please humans, and feel satisfied just by complimenting “smart dogs!”. Instead, cats are more interested in what you will do for them. Cats tend to respond to rewards and want to learn tricks if you are patient and give them what they want.
Teaching Names to Cats
- Connect cat names with positive things
Use a cat’s name only when calling or speaking to him gently. Don’t use names when scolding or punishing cats. Just say “no” when banning cats.
- Practice to call the cat actively
The best way to get your cat to exercise is to reduce the portion of the meal so that the cat is hungry and hungry for food. Approach the cat and name it, then present it with a snack. Do it two to three times. Then, move away two or three steps from the cat, repeat the process while adding the word “here” after the cat’s name (for example, “Charlie, here” or “Pochi, here.” Remember, you must be consistent.) When the cat approaches, smooth him and give a snack. Then, move away again and repeat the process.
Cats must connect their names with good rewards. That is, after the name, it is stated that the cat will receive a reward. Continue to repeat this exercise, calling a cat’s name 10 to 20 times per session, once or twice per day until the cat automatically responds to his name.
- Extend training distance
After the exercise lasts for a week, start trying to call the cat from a distance. Call the cat from another room. Continue until you call a cat from all rooms at home. After your cat is good enough to respond to your call at home, continue the exercise outdoors.
- Involve your home residents
Invite family members to help train your cat. Make sure they use the same phrase to call a cat. Later, cats will be able to be trained back and forth between two people who alternately call cats and give snacks. Reasons Why You must Never Let Your Cat Sleep in Your Bed to remind you about not to keep your cat in the same bad with you.
- Seek help if the cat doesn’t respond to his name
Cats may have a hearing loss if they don’t respond to their name. White cats are usually susceptible to deafness.  The veterinarian will check the condition of your cat’s ear to make sure. Some cats are more difficult to train than others. If your cat’s behavior is worrying, consult with an expert for help identifying and solving this problem. Also try to find solutions on the internet.
Additional tips :
- Most animals are able to respond to syllables So for example if your cat is called with an the words that end by “I” , then your cat will respond to at least two syllables. Don’t be disappointed because this is a natural part of the learning process.
- Don’t confuse your cat by shouting the things that sound like their names, like missy, kitty, sassy, etc. Your cat will become disappointed and start thinking that you don’t really call his name.
- Don’t shout your cat’s name when the cat is acting, because your cat will think that the name is called to scold him.
- Try to say your cat’s name in the same tone of voice all the time, it will help him recognize better.
- Call your cat’s name when he is eating. This will allow you to call your cat to tell the time to eat. If your cat is outside, call your cat while pouring food into place, you can do this to teach it to come when you say its name.
- Start doing this when your cat is young.
Teaching young cats makes it easier to respond to his name.
- Never change your cat’s name, this will further confuse the cat.
- Don’t let your cat eat / drink until he starts responding to his name. This will associate when you call his name with his desire to eat / drink.
- Be patient. The way cats learn is different from ours. You can read this 8 Things To Consider Before Keeping Duck As A Pet to make you know more about the preparation of keeping an animal as a pet.
- Again, do not call your cat another name that is not the name, call the name you want so that your cat responds.
- You might need some tools such as your favorite food or toy.
To train your cat to come when called is going to need a lot of patient. If you want to get the best result, you should be patient and consistent first. Hopefully, this article will help you to get more information about cat.