3 Facts of Spanish Dancer Fish that will Remind You of Flamenco Dance
Fun facts about animal always fascinate us. To acknowledge the way all the living things beside human which also roam in the same realm like us would make us understand that we’re living in absolute mightiness of mother nature. All those wild animals, the common ones, and even the rare and the extinct ones, are all the manifest of absolute power beyond human power. Perhaps, yes, we would not see those animals often, unless we really go into the natural habitat of particular animal, but at least we have zoo. The miniature of the wildlife itself. However, you could also go to the sanctuary which ordinarily would keep wilder animals than zoo does.
Further more, now we would learn about 3 facts of Spanish Dancer fish that will remind You of Flamenco Dance. What is Spanish Dancer fish? One certain thing I could tell you is that this species of fish was one of the most unique animal that you would ever see. There is a reason why this fish is called Spanish Dancer fish, and perhaps you could guess it by yourself. Indeed, the way this animal move was certainly similar with the famous dance of ours, the flamenco dance. We do understand that some animals does enjoy something that people also enjoyed.
The most clear example is the dog. Beside our foods (the most certain things), dog also enjoyed listen to our music. Moreover, even a study reviled that particular genre of music was good for you dog. So, it seems that our new friend is also enjoyed something we did enjoy. No, actually I’m just kidding. The way Spanish Dancer fish moves was certainly disposition of natural behavioral of the body, not because some externals impact of some particular causes. Their moves just inspired and reminded people of how the flamenco dancer moves – just it. So, if you curious on how many similarities of the two of them, let’s just take a look at 3 facts of Spanish Dancer fish that will remind you of flamenco dance.
1. The Basic Color
The Spanish Dancer fish also known in scientific name as Hexabranchus Sanguineus. For your note, this species is part of nudibranch or the sea slug. If we translate the meaning of their scientific name, it would be translate into Six-gill blood colored. Yes, this fish apparently owned sis variations of colors, which also describe with six Christmas tree which would exposed the gills and shown a deep color of red blood, exactly the same as the color of their bodies.
Is that remind you about something? Yes, precisely, it the same color of the gown used by all those ladies in the flamenco dance. Basically the main theme color of flamenco dance was red (primarily the lady), which describe the intensity and the seduction of the dance. They used red color which as we know is the perfect color to describe passion and desire. However, this doesn’t mean that every flamenco dancer would only wear red dress or gown. Of course not.
They also used many variations of colors to support their appearance on the floor – for sure. But, we also can’t deny that the alluring trend mark of the flamenco dance was that beautiful deep red gown. That is one of the reason why people align the Spanish Dancer fish with the flamenco dancer. The two of them have the alluring appearance that would magnetize all eyes and attention only for them. I have to admit, that’s very enthrall.
2. The Ability of Swim
The other thing that make this fish special is their ability of swim. Unlike other species of nudibranch that would crawl to move, Spanish Dancer fish apparently would move in sort of undulating motions, using their red body which look like it waves and unfurls their flexible bodies and push them forward through the water. Yes, exactly, this natural movement that they were created apparently very similar with how the ladies in the flamenco dance stir their gown on the floor.
The Spanish Dancer fish movement become one of their superiority that attract many people to see their perform. Many people such as snorkelers, scuba divers, and underwater photographers try to perpetuate that momentum with their own eyes or just take some photographs to make other people know about this wonderful creature. I could imagine, seeing this fish moves like all those flamenco dancers – underwater – that would be the most unforgettable moment of my life.
3. Other Fun Facts about Spanish Dancer Fish
There are more others fun facts that would make you fall for this creature more and more. So, let’s take a look:
- The Spanish Dancer fish was one of the nudibranch out of 3,000 other species, and guess what? The Spanish Dancer out as the only species that have ability to swim!
- Not only the only species of nudibranch that could swim, apparently this fish also become the largest species among others nudibranch. The Spanish Dancer fish could grow about 40 cm in length.
- The only places you could see this species are in the Red Sea and Indo-Pacific Oceans. But, I guess that would be worth it, right?
- Based on the snorkelers and scuba divers opinions, the nudibranchs was one of the most beautiful and admirable of all other species to see while they were swimming.
- Out of the box, Spanish Dancer fish was the only species known as the dorid nudibranch, which very rare consider that commonly nudibranch was in eolid type. So, what is dorid? Dorid is the mechanism of breathing through the gills, which is in the Spanish Dancer placed in the posterior end.
- Just like the actual dance competition, the male would attract a mate on the dancing competition, which is the winner could get the mate.
- If we people attracted to the colorful foods, apparently that not what happened underwater. One of the proved is the Spanish Dancer fish used their beautiful colors as survival mechanism, which would give the message for the predators that they were taste bad.