Be careful! Here’s 4 poisonous holiday plants for dogs

Happy holiday, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, If you are our dear loyal readers and have been following our website for a long time, we wish you the merriest Christmas and we wish you to have a very wonderful holiday time for you and your beloved ones. Well, in this holiday occasion, we still going to give you our reliable and useful information about beloved animals and pet. In holiday occasion, if you want to have your best time in holiday, and don’t want your holiday to be ruined by your sick pet, or occasional visit to veterinarians that can ruin your holiday family time. If you want to make sure as a pet owner can have the best time around in holiday and won’t be troubled during holiday time.

As a dog owner on the holiday time, one thing you should always be aware of and  make sure your dog is safe from is to make sure your dog is safe from poisonous holiday plants or treats. There are actually some holiday plants that are quite toxic and can be poisonous if your dog accidentally swallow it. There are also some poisonous holiday plans that are fatal for your dog so you need to be careful. If you are careless about it, then your dog might accidentally swallow any dangerous plants and you will have to make an emergency visit to veterinary clinic in holiday time. Nothing can ruin your holiday family time than an emergency vet visits just because your dog is vomiting and sick from poisonous holiday plants that can actually be prevented if you are careful enough. So the word of advice, Be careful! Here’s 4 poisonous holiday plants for dogs.

These holiday plants might seem normal, however they can be poisonous for dogs!

There are many famous holiday plants that are seems normal, however many people didn’t know that some of these plants are actually poisonous for dogs. Famous plant such as holly and mistletoe are for example, since it can be quite poisonous for dogs. What other plant that might harm your dogs? Here are some example of holiday plants that are quite poisonous and you should be aware of for the sake of your dogs.

  • Holly

Holly is one of the most famous winter holiday plants and you might always see holly in many household during Christmas, especially if you lives in Europe. Holly along with its berries is actually poisonous, and contain quite high toxicity levels that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal upset, drooling and abdominal pain for your dogs. If your dog ingest this plant a lot, it could lead to seizures, and even death in many occasion. Holly leaves, dried plant and berries should be always keep in place that are out of reach from your dogs.

  • Mistletoe

Similar with holly, mistletoe is also one of the famous and you will always see this plant in every household during Christmas. However, this plant is highly poisonous for your dogs. The leave of this plant, even it is just dried leaves can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and even abdominal pain whenever ingested. This plant is famous for its myth and tradition during Christmas, however you should always keep this plant out of reach from your dogs since it can cause many problems that you don’t want to deal with.

  • Lilies and Daffodils

These flowers are popular gift for winter holiday time, this flower is pretty common and easy to get this flower in many flower shop. However, many doesn’t know that this plant is actually pretty toxic for dogs. If dog ingested these flowers, it can cause severe symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, convulsions and gastrointestinals problem. These flowers could also be harmful for cats, therefore cat owner should also be aware of these plants.

Some of you might not realize some of these plants are actually dangerous for your dogs. Therefore we should be aware of it and make sure that these plants are out of reach from our dogs and make sure our dog is safe from these plants. Be careful! Here’s 4 poisonous holiday plants for dogs that you should know.